Tuesday, September 11, 2012

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL Review

Disclaimer: I am not a paid sponsor, representative or employee of G.SKILL, Newegg, Amazon, TigerDirect or any company. This review is merely an honest personal review/opinion of having owned/purchased/used this product.

Manufacturer Site | Official Info Page | Newegg | Amazon | TigerDirect

Quick Specification Overview
(Visit the official page for detailed specs)
40 mm/1.58 inch height | 240-Pin SDRAM DIMM | DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) | 9 Cas Latency | 9-9-9-24 Timing | 1.5V | Unbuffered | Non-ECC | Compatible with Intel LGA1155/LGA1156 and AMD AM3/Llano/AM3+ platforms
Image from G.SKILL

Average Price: $40 to $70 USD

I purchased a Dual Channel Kit (x2 4GB DIMMs) from Newegg for around $35 to $40 on March 6th 2012 as part of a low budget gaming build.
Coupled with the modules:
ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS Motherboard, 3.1GHz Dual-Core AMD Athlon CPU, 500W PSU, 2GB VisionTek Radeon HD 5670 Graphics Card


In operation since March 8th 2012, these modules have held up perfectly. Even while editing a video AND having a graphic intensive game running simultaneously and on some occasions a 2nd game running as well as an audio production program, and I have never seen my RAM usage exceed 60%. A majority of the time it idles at around 20-30% during normal use (a few browsers, folders & programs open & running). I have also received little to no errors as of the time of this review. Combined with my graphics card & processor, all my programs run smoothly, including every single one of my games.


Since I have absolutely nothing to mention con-wise, I will skip ahead to the Closing Thoughts:
At a cheap-ish price these modules are perfect. Not only do they perform well but they also look awesome. This is actually my first pair of G.SKILL RAM where as I usually buy Kingston. So far they have been reliable and stable. I give them a 10 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment